Multi-compartment waste container for packaging
The multi-compartment waste container for packaging works like a small recycling point in your own yard: cardboard, plastic and glass packaging as well as small metal can be sorted into four different compartments in the same waste container. The service is currently only available for properties with 5–9 households.
This is what a multi-compartment waste container is like
Multi-compartment waste containers are available in two different sizes depending on the residents’ needs.
|Size of the waste
(euros, according to
|370 *||77 x 110 x 81||155||30||7,75|
|660||126 x 122 x 77||300||30||7,75|
*only for properties with 1–4 apartments
Emptying of multi-compartment waste containers
The multi-compartment waste container is emptied to a specially designed waste truck, the tank of which is divided into four compartments corresponding to the waste container. This allows the different types of waste to be kept separate and raw materials to be recycled and the emptying can be carried out with one truck during one trip. The order of the compartments in the waste container cannot be changed because the waste would get mixed up in the truck.
In the further processing of waste, the various waste bins in the truck are emptied one at a time and the materials remain separate, ending up as recycled raw materials for different industrial operators.
Sorting instructions for multi-compartment waste containers for packaging materialsPrintable sorting guide for multi-compartment container
The multi-compartment waste container for packaging materials collects four types of waste at once: the container has its own compartments for plastic packaging, cardboard packaging, small metal items and glass packaging.
There are small differences in sorting into a multi-compartment waste container compared to regular waste containers. The multi-compartment waste container is emptied to a truck that has four compartments in its tank. Large pieces such as tightly packed and knotted plastic bags, large pieces of styrofoam, frying pans and corrugated fibreboard boxes easily clog the car’s equipment.
Sort the waste according to our normal sorting instructions, but please note the following exceptions:
- Sorting instructions for carton and cardboard
- Tear large cardboard boxes into smaller pieces so that the carton compartment can be emptied effortlessly.
- Remember to flatten the packaging!
- Sorting instructions for plastic packaging waste
- Cut large styrofoam packages into smaller pieces.
- Leave the plastic bag open or tie loosely.
- Put large plastic items such as buckets in mixed waste or take them to a Sortti Station for plastic collection.
- Sorting instructions for glass
- Only glass bottles and jars.
Metal packaging and other small (max 10 cm x 10 cm) metal items
- Sorting instructions for small metal items
- Take frying pans, pots, grill racks, pipes and other large/long and hard metal objects a Sortti Station or a touring collection vehicle.
The sorted packaging waste is used as raw material for new packaging, thermoplastic goods and metal objects. Thank you for sorting!