About the site
The HSY.fi web service is published in Finnish, Swedish and English. The site includes versions in Swedish and English that are less comprehensive than the Finnish version. Browse topics or use the keyword search to look for information in the service. The search function, contact information and feedback form can be accessed from every page.
The links on the site will open in a new browser window if the information is located on another site. Return to HSY’s website by closing the new window. To read the PDF files on the site, you need the free Acrobat Reader software that can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
We use the Google Analytics application to track the usage volumes and patterns of HSY.fi. The information is used to develop the site. Statistics compiled on site usage include, among other things, the number of visitors, time of use and the browser used, as well as the content viewed by the visitor.
YouTube’s Privacy-Enhanced Mode setting has been applied to the YouTube videos embedded on our site, and as a result, information about visitors to the site will not be shared with YouTube unless the visitor watches the video. For more information, see the Google instructions for ‘Embed videos and playlists’.
Our site is responsive, so it adapts to terminal devices of different sizes. The site works best with the latest versions of browsers.
The rights to HSY.fi materials belong to the Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority municipal federation, unless otherwise stated. The content of the site can be freely linked to.
The copyrights to photographs, other image material and maps belong to the photographers, image creators or HSY. The use of this material must always be agreed on separately with HSY.
HSY is responsible for the content of HSY.fi and strives to keep it as up-to-date as possible. Efforts are made to correct any errors detected as soon as possible. However, HSY does not guarantee the accuracy of all content on the pages at all times.
HSY is not responsible for any indirect or direct damage caused to the user or a third party by any errors or deficiencies in the information on the site. HSY is also not responsible for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the use or interpretation of the service.
Our website contains links to other websites. HSY is not responsible for the content of the websites of third parties or for the functionality of the links.
We strive to ensure that our HSY.fi web service operates without disturbance. However, HSY is not responsible for any interruptions due to, for example, maintenance work, technical faults or other similar reasons, or for any interruptions in telecommunications or Internet connections.
HSY is not responsible for any damage resulting from the operation or failure of the site.
Accessibility of the HSY.fi web service
This accessibility statement explains how well the HSY.fi web service complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the website and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
HSY (Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority municipal federation) is responsible for this web service. We want as many users as possible to be able to access our digital services. We take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
How accessible is the website?
This web service largely meets the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The web service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below.
Did you notice any shortcomings in accessibility?
We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of the web service. If you observe any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to fix any shortcomings. We will respond within 14 days.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
telephone (switchboard) +358 295 016 000
More detailed information on technical accessibility
The web service is not yet fully accessible.
Content or features that are not yet accessible
- There are minor shortcomings in the use of heading levels both on the content pages of the web service and in PDF files. Some heading levels have been skipped and items that are not headings (such as some links) have been marked as headings. Headings have not been marked appropriately in PDF files. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.4.6)
- The web service has some inaccurate link texts. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- Some PDF files contain images for which no descriptive text equivalents have been defined. There are also some images on the site itself with no text equivalents. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some colour combinations that do not provide sufficient contrast have been used on the website. (WCAG 1.4.3, 1.4.11)
- Using some functions with a screen reader or by keyboard commands is challenging and in some cases impossible (e.g. narrowing down the search for the latest disturbances in water supply). (WCAG 2.1.1, 2.4.3, 4.1.2)
- There are shortcomings in the keyboard use of the search function and in narrowing down the search. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The keyboard focus indicator is not visible or is very poorly visible around some elements. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- The Skip to Main Content link is not visible on some screen readers. Similarly, on some screen readers, the search function is hidden behind an image with no text equivalent. In addition, the breadcrumb trail is missing from some pages. (WCAG 2.4.5, 3.2.3)
- The screen reader reads some headings on multiple lines, splitting them incorrectly. In addition, the screen reader gets “stuck” on some links as they are read multiple times. Therefore, the reading sequence is not entirely correct. (WCAG 1.3.2, 2.4.3)
- The web service uses the Tableau application to present statistical information. The application is not fully accessible with keyboard, screen reader, or other aids. However, it is possible to download the material as an Excel file.
Accessibility requirements do not apply to certain types of content
The web service contains videos that are not accessible. They lack subtitles and audio description, and there are problems with their keyboard use. According to law, multimedia content published before 23 September 2020 need not be made accessible retroactively or removed from the website.
The web service includes third-party map services that are not accessible. However, the law allows an exception for map content: maps and map services do not have to meet accessibility requirements.
How have we tested accessibility?
The observations in this accessibility statement are based on a third-party assessment of whether the online service meets legal requirements.
The web service was published on 11 June 2020.
This statement was prepared on 11 June 2020.
The statement was last updated on 17 June 2020.