CIRCuIT (Circular Construction In Regenerative Cities) is an international project focusing on circular construction. The project receives funding from the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme.
Objectives of the project
CIRCuIT project is focusing on developing circular construction under three themes:
- Dismantling of buildings, reuse of construction components and recycling of construction materials
- Extending lifecycles of buildings by refurbishment and transforming the use purpose of buildings
- Flexible construction: versatility, modifiability and plans that enable dismantling
In addition, the project develops models of procedures which help the cities to increase the circular construction solutions in built environment. “Circularity hub” is a knowledge platform created for the cities to support the use of circular economy solutions in construction. CIRCuIT Academy network is created to share the knowledge.
Basic info of the project
- Project time: 5/2019-11/2023
- Funding: EU Horizon 2020
- Project areas: Helsinki region/ Vantaa, Copenhagen, London and Hamburg
- Project partners in Finland: HSY (Coordinator of the Finnish cluster), City of Vantaa, Tampere University, Helsinki Metropolitan Area Reuse Centre, Ramboll Finland Oy and Umacon Oy,
Sign up to join our mailing list to hear updates and news about the CIRCuIT -project.