Our collection vehicles tour every spring in Espoo, Helsinki, Kauniainen, Vantaa and Kirkkonummi. The vehicles accept three different types of waste from households free of charge: domestic hazardous waste, electric and electronic devices as well as scrap metal. We deliver the waste for proper treatment.
The HSY collection vehicles tour has been postponed until autumn 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Vehicles tour in:
- Espoo and Kauniainen 31 August–28 September
- Helsinki 31 August–19 October
- Vantaa 29 September–22 October
- Kirkkonummi 20 October–26 October
Please take large quantities, such as trailer loads, directly to Sortti Stations or junkyards.
We cannot guarantee the secure processing of computers and smart devices
If necessary, use a service such as Seiffi.fi to recycle devices with memory storage, such as computers and mobile devices.
How to use the collection vehicle service
If you arrive at the reception site by car before the collection vehicles, please take into account the space required for five trucks and park further away. Also remember to wait and keep a safe distance until the vehicles have lowered their loading platforms.
Please hand over your items only to the HSY collection vehicle staff wearing yellow safety vests.
It is advisable to sort the items to be taken to the collection vehicles already at home into separate bags or boxes, from which they can be easily unloaded into the vehicle that collects that type of waste. If you are unsure where to sort your items, our environmental advisor and collection vehicle staff will assist you on site if needed.
Keep hazardous waste separate from other waste in intact and sealed packaging. If the waste is not in its original packaging, write what the substance inside is on your own packaging. If necessary, also inform the staff about the contents at the collection site.
Electric and electronic equipment
Bring electric and electronic equipment without the cardboard boxes. Please bring coffee makers without the glass pot and vacuum cleaners without the dust bag.
Bring metal items in a bag or box from which you can empty them directly onto the loading platform.
Our collection vehicles cannot accept (plastic) bags or boxes used to transport waste. Please take them with you, either back home or to the nearest trash bin.
Did you know?
- Individual small electric and electronic equipment (under 25 cm) and energy-saving light bulbs can be delivered to the larger stores selling them (specialty shops, department stores) without the obligation to buy a new device. Stores will accept larger devices if you purchase a new device to replace it.
- Batteries can be delivered to any store that sells them. Please remember to cover the battery ends with tape!
- With regard to light bulbs, only energy-saving light bulbs and fluorescent tubes are hazardous waste. LED bulbs are included in the collection of electric and electronic equipment. Halogen and incandescent light bulbs can be sorted into mixed waste.