Valid connection work rates have been defined in the service charge price list of the water services, which is given to the customers when the connection contract is made.
The connection work fee is divided into fixed-price charges (size of the water pipe DN 40-63) and separately invoiced charges (size of the water pipe DN>63 and special cases).
If the size of the plot’s water pipe is DN 40-63, the connection work fee is a fixed, one-time charge, which is the same for all parties connecting to the network. The price is an average price, which means that the customers pay the same connection work fee regardless of what kind of water main and sewer they are connected with.
Connection works are different and their duration varies depending on the size and material of the water main. We apply the average price so that our customers can have an equal status.
The connection work prices includes
- general works, such as wages for mechanics and site management
- costs for office and storage operations
- vehicle and its equipment required for the work
- journeys from the base to the worksite
- mapping the connection points
- installation of the signboards for shut-off valves.
We determine the price for connection work so that it covers all the costs the connection work causes to the HSY. Nevertheless, the customer may be charged a fee as per the service price list for HSY’s extra visit if the visit is attributable to the customer. This is the case, for example, when the customer’s connection to the network causes a water supply cut for other properties in the area, which must be notified separately.
When connecting to our water and sewer networks, the customer takes care of
- transportation and excavation arrangements
- the potential related review works
- reviews for cable locations
- excavation permits
- potential placement permits
- protection of the excavation
- follow-up works, such as asphalting, reinstallation of kerbstones and planting of flowers or grass.
The customer is also liable for any costs incurred due to the abovementioned works.
The connection work of service piping performed by HSY includes
- connecting the service piping to the water supply network
- installing a shut-off valve to the service piping
- installing a water meter for the property.
The shut-off valve, water meter and all other, normally required parts are included in the charge. Furthermore, the charge includes a possible separate visit from a mechanic, if the meter is installed at a later date. The materials for the service piping are included in the price. If the customer had acquired the water pipe, it will be deducted from the price of the connection work.
Storm water and wastewater sewer
In regard to storm water and wastewater sewer, our price includes, in addition to the general works, the connection work, which is a connection hole drilled into a well with its sealing. The contractor will connect the plot’s sewer pipes to the completed connection points.
If the party connecting to the network wants a connection made to a point where there is no well in the sewer main, they must cover the costs incurred to HSY for constructing the drain. Pipe joints are only allowed as exceptions.
The sewer connection work has separate prices for cases where the connection is made at the same time with a water service network connection, or for when the connection work requires a separate visit.