As a consumer customer, you may request an e-invoice instead of a traditional paper invoice. E-invoice is delivered directly to your online bank. When you wish to accept e-invoices, make an e-invoice contract with your bank.
How does e-invoice work?
- We deliver the invoice data electronically to your online bank.
- If you wish, you can visit your own online bank account to change the payment account or to advance the due date.
- The bank will automatically pay the invoice from your account on the due date (you can also agree with your bank that you wish to approve the invoice before it is paid).
- Banks also offer (usually for a separate charge) a notification service, in accordance with which they will notify you of a new invoice, either through email or SMS.
Switch to e-invoicing
When you use an e-invoice, your water bill will be delivered straight to your online bank, which means that it will not become lost in the mail or stay forgotten and unpaid. The payment data is already presented in the e-invoice, which means you can avoid entering the reference number and, therefore, also all possible typos.
Switching to e-invoicing can be easily done through your own online bank. For signing in to your online bank, you require the online banking codes granted by your bank. Contact your bank for more information on e-invoicing.
If HSY sends you more than one invoice type, you will need to make separate e-invoicing agreements for each invoice type (such as waste management and water services).
What to do:
- Sign in to your online bank.
- Choose HSY vesihuolto (Water Services) or HSY jätehuolto (Waste Management Services) from the bank’s list of invoicing parties. You will need your waste management's customer number for ordering the waste management e-invoice.
For ordering the water services e-invoice, you will need the reference number of your previous water services invoice. A reference number from an earlier invoice can also be used.
The e-invoice order made through your online bank will be automatically updated in the HSY invoicing data.
- Wait for the e-invoice notification. You will receive the invoice directly to your online bank, instead of receiving a paper invoice by mail.
- Pay the invoice using the e-invoice.
Before making the payment, you may check the data of the invoice. E-invoice is not a direct debit, as we charge the sum from your bank account only after you have given your authorisation. The due date and payment term of the invoice will remain the same.
- You can now archive your invoices. The paid invoices will remain in the archives of our online bank usually around 18 months, depending on the bank in question. Many banks also offer various archiving services for longer periods. You can also save your invoices onto your computer and print them out, if you wish.
You can read through the general terms of e-invoices in your online bank.
For more information, visit the e-invoice info page of Federation of Finnish Financial Services.