We offer guided tours of Ämmässuo Waste Treatment Centre and Sortti Stations on weekdays for
- educational institutions (for school student groups above the fifth grade),
- residents and association groups
- specialist groups.
Guided tours are free-of-charge for educational institutes and resident and association groups. We charge EUR 400 + VAT 24 % for guided tours of companies.
Ämmässuo Waste Treatment Centre has, for example, a landfill site, biogas and composting plant for biowaste, landfill gas power plant and a Sortti Station, which accepts small waste loads.
The residents of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area can bring in small loads of recyclable waste, hazardous waste and mixed waste to Sortti Stations. Sortti Stations are located in Kivikko and Konala Helsinki, in Ämmässuo Espoo, in Ruskeasanta Vantaa and in Munkinmäki in the municipality of Kirkkonummi.
Book a visit
- Please contact our customer service asiakaspalvelu(at)hsy.fi
Please note that:
- The minimum group size is 10 persons.
- The reservation must be made at least two weeks before the visit.
- The visitor will arrange the transport, for example by bus, to and at Ämmässuo.
- The waste treatment centre’s area is very large, and for safety reasons moving around on foot is prohibited.