Cleaning is facilitated when all of your cupboards and the basement are in a good order. An inventory of the cupboards may bring clothes and things to light, which you have perhaps forgotten completely. These garments may now feel like new items, so you could reuse or recycle them.
Tips for sustainable cleaning
- Instead of using disposable cleaning supplies, preferably use durable products with interchangeable brushes and heads.
- Select detergents which are labelled as environmentally-friendly.
- Use the correct dosage of detergent, a small amount is often sufficient.
- Instead of using chemical air fresheners, air your home regularly.
- A microfiber cloth is the magic word in ecological cleaning. It cleans all glossy surfaces without a detergent.
- Solid detergents are an economical solution. Less packaging waste is generated, as the liquid is added to them just before use.
- A grinding stone is effective when cleaning surfaces at home, but boat owners also preferably use it. Try it for polishing bicycles and other transportation means.
- Shampoo and soap bars are good alternatives for personal hygiene matters.
- Preferably use refill packages for liquid detergents. Many ecological stores provide the possibility to refill bottles for liquid detergents.
Tips for easy laundry
- Also store clothes, which you have only worn for a short period of time, on clothes hangers. A crumpled-up garment does not feel very tempting to wear. It will very likely end up in a washing machine, even though it wasn’t even dirty.
- Use clothes hangers to line-dry your laundry and smooth out any folds. This will quite notably reduce the need for ironing.